I’ve been searching around the web these days for interesting news, sites, and video tidbits, and have rounded them up here. Some are literary, some political, funny, sport-ish, and just things that have been giving my creativity and mind food for thought. Some might just spruce up this mid-summer weekend.
1) The script of Quentin Tarantino’s controversial new Nazi-era film (including scalpings and Brad Pitt), tentatively titled “Inglorious Bastards,” has been leaked, says the Guardian. Or, is it a publicity stunt?
2) Apparently not only John Edward’s clean family guy reputation has gone overboard, but his baby momma was an actor in Overboard, which the NY Post hilariously calls a film that suffered a “controversial Oscar loss to The Last Emperor“. I concur.
3) Though yesterday Obama was getting shave ice at Island Snow, he’s also been showing off his moves to Ellen, compiled with speech excerpts to show his singing ability, too.
4) You might feel better about your own eating habits when you read about what Michael Phelps eats in a day. Just keep in mind how he performs on 12,000 calories a day. The Guardian’s John Henry tries it in this kind of slow but visually intriguing mini-doc.
5) Newcomer Lit Mob is putting out reviews only of recommended books, and more than I can do in one day, that’s for sure. It says to check out “Stuff White People Like: A Definitive Guide to the Unique Taste of Millions,” the book version of the popular blog.